Monday, September 21, 2009

The Art of Therapy

Oh, what Shouldn't I be doing right now that I said I'd do on my lunch break? Oodles of things. But I'm inspired. Just came across my friend, Sara's, blog on vaginas, and really I'd love to guest blog. Really. My story with Ben has been fraught with emotion, from me asking on our, what was it, third date? "What would you do if I got pregnant?" waaaaaay before pregnancy was even possible, to my continual fear that each month will bring about that lifelong change that I...and we, are not ready for. Even though we are taking every precaution.

Which leads me to, therapy. Yes! I have started therapy, and though I've only had one session, I feel BETTER. I don't feel like crying or hurting someone in very hurtful ways every day. It's delicious. My therapist explained her view of therapy this way: " I believe in a Wizard of Oz kind of world. We're all either Dorothy, the Cowardly Lion, the Tin Man, or the Scarecrow, and I'm the Wizard. And what did the wizard do when they came to visit? He showed them that they ALREADY had what they were looking for, they just needed to know how to use it."

I had chills when she said that. CHILLS.

So, just a few areas in which I hope to apply this newfound wisdom:
my relationship with my parents
my relationship with Ben
how i see myself
my work relationships (can you call them relationships?)
Anger Management

No comments: